The provisional Conference program is now available here!
The aim of the Mexican Chapter is to pursue the mission of ICON•S within Mexico.
The Chapter is established in order to:
- Promote the mission and the values of ICON•S. In particular, the commitment to an inter-disciplinary approach to public law that engages constitutional, administrative and international law scholars and practitioners so as to better understand global and transnational legal developments;
- Promote knowledge of public law and membership in the organization;
- Encourage the capacity and engagement of junior scholars and Global South scholars with the work of ICON•S;
- Transparency, accountability and good governance, as well as gender equality and diversity in governance;
- Cooperate, while remaining distinct, with existing national and regional organizations;
- Regularly disseminate notice of its events and activities via ICONnect, and communicate an annual summary of its activities to the ICON•S Executive Committee;
- Be subject in its scope, governance and membership, to periodic reviews (approximately every 3 years) by the members of the ICON•S Executive Committee, with the possibility of being asked by the Executive Committee to dissolve, reconstitute or alter the scope and membership;
- Promote joining ICON•S and paying the ICON•S annual membership fee;
- Submit to ICON•S information on the Chapter activities, which will, where appropriate, be featured on the ICON•S website.
The Chapter will be governed by two co-chairs that will take decisions by agreement. The first two co-chairs will be the founding members. Only ICON•S members can be co-chairs. Each year, the two co-chairs will communicate an annual summary of their activities to the ICON•S Executive Committee and to the members of the Chapter.
The two co-chairs will hold office for 3 years with one possible reelection. Every three years the two co-chairs will be elected by majority vote from among the other members of the Chapter on a rotational basis.
Membership of the Chapter
Based on his or her merits as a public lawyer, the candidates will have to be approved by the two co-chairs and one member of the advisory committee.
Rights and duties
All members of the Chapter have the following rights and duties:
- Participants are expected to join ICON•S and pay the ICON•S annual membership fee.
- Promote the mission and values of ICON•S.
- Participate in the activities of the Chapter.
The first two co-chairs will choose the first advisory committee by agreement. This advisory committee will be formed by three distinguished scholars, judges or governmental officials. Every three years the advisory committee will be elected by majority vote of the members of the Chapter. They have the right to be reelected once. The advisory committee will function as an advisory board for the two co-chairs.
The Mexican Chapter will organize each year a national conference with the participation of distinguished scholars, judges or governmental officials. For this purpose, it can work with existing national and regional organizations. The annual conference will be held during a different month than that in which the ICON•S annual meeting is held, preferably before it.
The Chapter rules can be amended by a majority vote.
Roberto Niembro Ortega
Ana Micaela Alterio
External Website of the Mexican Chapter of ICON•S: http://iconmexicanchapter.org/index.html