We are pleased to announce that our 2020 Conference will be held at the University of Wrocław followed by our 2021 Conference to be held at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand. Read more
Art. 1 Mission
The aim of the Italian Chapter is to pursue the mission of ICON-S within Italy.
The Chapter is established in order to:
- Promote the mission and the values of ICON-S. In particular, the commitment to an inter-disciplinary approach to public law that engages constitutional, administrative and international law scholars and practitioners so as to better understand global and transnational legal developments;
- Promote knowledge of public law and membership in the organization;
- Encourage the engagement of junior scholars with ICON-S’ activities;
- Transparency, accountability and good governance, as well as gender equality and diversity in governance;
- Cooperate with, while remaining distinct from, existing national and regional organizations;
- Elaborate year-in-reviews of developments in Italian Public Law, to be published in the ICONnect blog;
- Regularly disseminate notice of its events and activities via ICONnect and communicate an annual summary of its activities to the ICON-S Executive Committee;
- Promote joining ICON-S and paying the ICON-S annual membership fee;
- Submit to ICON-S information on the Chapter activities, which will, where appropriate, be featured on the ICON-S website.
Art. 2 Governance of the Chapter
The Chapter will be governed by two co-chairs that will take decisions by agreement in consultation with the General Council. The identity of the co-chairs and the General Council shall reflect the chapter’s commitment to gender equality and diversity in governance.
Only ICON-S members who have held membership for at least three years can be co-chairs. Each year, the two co-chairs will communicate an annual summary of their activities to the ICON-S Executive Committee, to the General Council, and to the members of the Chapter.
Art. 3 Co-chairs
The two co-chairs will hold office for 3 years with the possibility of re-election once. Every three years the two co-chairs will be elected by majority vote from among the members of the General Council.
Art. 4 Membership of the General Council of the Chapter
Based on his or her merits as a public law scholar, the candidates will be approved by the two co-chairs, in consultation with the General Council, for a term of three years which may be renewed for additional periods. The number of members on the General Council shall not exceed 45.
Based on his or her merits as a public lawyer, the candidates will have to be approved by the two co-chairs and at least one member of the General Council.
Art. 5 Rights and duties of all members
All members of the Chapter as well as of the General Council have the following rights and duties:
- Join ICON-S and pay the ICON-S annual membership fee.
- Promote the mission and values of ICON-S.
- Participate in the activities of the Chapter.
Art. 6 National conference
The Italian Chapter will organize at least every two years a national conference, based on a call addressed both to junior and senior scholars. For this purpose, it can work with existing national and regional organizations. The annual conference will be held during a different month than that in which the ICON-S annual meeting is held, preferably before it.
Art. 7 Amendments
The Chapter rules can be amended by a majority vote among the two co-chairs and the members of the General Council.