Watch this space!
Art. 1 Mission
The aim of the Italian Chapter is to pursue the mission of ICON-S within Italy.
The Chapter is established in order to:
- Promote the mission and the values of ICON-S. In particular, the commitment to an inter-disciplinary approach to public law that engages constitutional, administrative and international law scholars and practitioners so as to better understand global and transnational legal developments;
- Promote knowledge of public law and membership in the organization;
- Encourage the engagement of junior scholars with ICON-S’ activities;
- Transparency, accountability and good governance, as well as gender equality and diversity in governance;
- Cooperate with, while remaining distinct from, existing national and regional organizations;
- Elaborate year-in-reviews of developments in Italian Public Law, to be published in the ICONnect blog;
- Regularly disseminate notice of its events and activities via ICONnect and communicate an annual summary of its activities to the ICON-S Executive Committee;
- Promote joining ICON-S and paying the ICON-S annual membership fee;
- Submit to ICON-S information on the Chapter activities, which will, where appropriate, be featured on the ICON-S website.
Art. 2 Governance of the Chapter
The Chapter will be governed by two co-chairs that will take decisions by agreement in consultation with the General Council. The identity of the co-chairs and the General Council shall reflect the chapter’s commitment to gender equality and diversity in governance.
Only ICON-S members who have held membership for at least three years can be co-chairs. Each year, the two co-chairs will communicate an annual summary of their activities to the ICON-S Executive Committee, to the General Council, and to the members of the Chapter.
Art. 3 Co-chairs
The two co-chairs will hold office for 3 years with the possibility of re-election once. Every three years the two co-chairs will be elected by majority vote from among the members of the General Council.
Art. 4 Membership of the General Council of the Chapter
Based on his or her merits as a public law scholar, the candidates will be approved by the two co-chairs, in consultation with the General Council, for a term of three years which may be renewed for additional periods. The number of members on the General Council shall not exceed 45.
Based on his or her merits as a public lawyer, the candidates will have to be approved by the two co-chairs and at least one member of the General Council.
Art. 5 Rights and duties of all members
All members of the Chapter as well as of the General Council have the following rights and duties:
- Join ICON-S and pay the ICON-S annual membership fee.
- Promote the mission and values of ICON-S.
- Participate in the activities of the Chapter.
Art. 6 National conference
The Italian Chapter will organize at least every two years a national conference, based on a call addressed both to junior and senior scholars. For this purpose, it can work with existing national and regional organizations. The annual conference will be held during a different month than that in which the ICON-S annual meeting is held, preferably before it.
Art. 7 Amendments
The Chapter rules can be amended by a majority vote among the two co-chairs and the members of the General Council.