The goal of the Chapter is to pursue the mission of ICON•S within Canada and among Canadian scholars and those with a substantial connection to Canada.
The Chapter is established so as to:
- Promote interdisciplinary scholarship on public law that engages constitutional, administrative and international law, and related or intersecting areas;
- Promote the values of ICON•S among scholars, the bar, and the judiciary;
- Advance and promote the foundational values of democracy, equality, liberty, and human rights;
- Assist in the growth and development of ICON•S nationally and internationally;
- Encourage the participation of junior scholars and graduate students in promoting the mission of the Canadian chapter and ICON•S; and
- Provide a unique forum for the multiple roles of public law in a multi-national federation engaged in reconciliation, with particular regard to Call to Action #28 of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
Upcoming Chapter Events and Activities
The Chapter is a co-sponsor of “Constitutional Crossroads in Canada and Around the World” at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, British Columbia on January 12-14, 2023
Call(s) For Papers
The next year’s annual conference’s call for papers is forthcoming
How to Become Involved With Our Chapter
To join the Canadian Chapter or for questions related to its events, please write to Michael Pal at firstname.lastname@example.org