Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 ICON•S Conference will be held in a completely novel way as a fully online conference: ICON•S Mundo. The Mundo Conference will be a truly global academic event, involving multilingual activities gathering hundreds of Public Law scholars, political scientists, judges, doctoral students and practitioners from all over the world. It will offer an excellent chance to discuss ideas in all areas of Public Law featuring hundreds of academic sessions working in multiple time zones. The Conference will be held in a spirit of collaboration with national and regional chapters of ICON•S, and with an invitation to new and existing members to join.
ICON•S Mundo replaces the planned in-person event to be held in Wrocław. ICON•S Wrocław will now be held in July 2022. Our 2021 Annual Conference “ICON•S Mundo – The Future of Public Law” will be held fully online on July 6-9, 2021.
The Call for Papers for our 2021 Annual Conference is available here.
ICON•S Mundo will feature a multitude of diverse events over several days, including plenary events on “Technology and the Future of Public Law”, “Democracy and the Future of Public Law” and “The Future of Human Rights and the Rule of Law”. ICON•S Mundo will also include social events such as a virtual welcome session for new members, advice for early career scholars, interest group meetings, and a diversity and women’s receptions, among other things.
Plenary speakers will include:
- Aslı Ü. Bâli, Professor, UCLA School of Law
- Fareda Banda, Professor, The School of Oriental & African Studies
- Nigel Biggar, Professor, University of Oxford
- Catalina Botero, Dean, Universidad de los Andes
- Jamal Greene, Professor, Columbia Law School
- Indira Jaising, Human Rights Lawyer, Lawyers’ Collective
- Helen Keller, Judge, Constitutional Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- David Law, Professor, The University of Hong Kong
- Michael O’ Flaherty, Director, European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights
- Sofia Ranchordas, Professor, University of Groningen
- Karen Stenner, Behavioral Economist and Political Psychologist
- Cass R Sunstein, Professor, Harvard Law School
Submit your panel and/or paper proposal and apply for ICON•S Mundo before 23h59 UTC May 1, 2021:
Lorenzo Casini & Rosalind Dixon
Co-Presidents of ICON·S
Richard Albert, Gráinne de Búrca, Felicia Caponigri, Marta Cartabia, Sabino Cassese, Claudia Golden, Michaela Hailbronner, Ran Hirschl, Erik Longo, Luisa Netto, Phoebe Okowa, Anna Pirri, Stefano Osella, Evan Rosevear, Ruth Rubio-Marin, Maja Sahadzic, Sergio Verdugo, Joseph Weiler and Fred Felix Zaumseil
Members of the 2021 ICON·S Conference Organizing Committee